Welcome to Skyway Elementary School! Our school opened in 2000 in the rapidly growing Coeur d'Alene Place neighborhood, and quickly gained recognition for our character education program and student achievement. Our student population varies between 500 and 600 students. Our mascot is the eagle, and we encourage our students to soar with success, just as the eagle does.
Once again, this summer, the Coeur d'Alene School District will offer ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE (2014-2015) school year. Parents found this to be easy, fast and convenient.
To prepare for online registration, please see below:
· Online registration will be available July 14, 2014.
· Parents can make updates anytime in Family Access throughout the school year.
· If you already have a “User Name” and “User Password” set up in Family Access then you are ready to register when the registration window opens.
· If you do not have a “User Name” and “User Password” set up in Family Access, please stop by or call our school office so we can help you.
· If your child is moving to the “next level” (e.g. elementary to middle school to high school) you can still register online.
· Even if you move (within the CDA district) you can still register online.
· Kindergarten & new students to our district cannot register online.
· New students will need to come and register on August 14, 2014.
“Free Summer Meals Program”
Amazingly, summer is right around the corner. Making sure our community’s children receive healthy, well-balanced meals while school is out is a high priority for School District 271. Each year we partner with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to provide free meals to children when school is out for the summer. Any child aged 1 through 18 may come and eat for free. Adults eat for $2.25 at breakfast and only $3.25 at lunch. This summer, meals will be served at Fernan and Ramsey elementary schools, Venture High School and the Hayden Kinder Center. The program starts June 11th and runs thru August 8th. Exact dates and serving times may vary from location to location. For more information on our summer food service program, including serving times and menus, visit the Nutrition Services home page at www.cdaschools.org.
The Coeur d’Alene School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in any educational programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance or in employment practices. The District provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Inquiries regarding compliance with this nondiscrimination policy may be directed to the Director of Special Services or Director of Human Resources at the District Administrative Center, 1400 N. Northwood Center Ct., Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814-2472, (208) 664-8241.
Watch D.O.G.S. volunteers (dads, grandpas, and other men in our children's lives) perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day including greeting students in the morning, assisting with loading of buses and cars in the afternoon, monitoring the lunch room, playing on the playground, and helping in the classroom with a teacher’s guidance. If you are interested in becoming involved in this program or would like more information, please give our office a call or stop by and visit.
5th Grade Perfect Attendance Incentive