Principal: Bill Rutherford
Office Assistant: Kristi Hagins
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
At Fernan We Believe
1. We believe the most important people in the school are the children.
2. We believe each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially.
3. We believe each child has the potential to achieve and succeed in the world.
4. We believe each child is responsible and accountable for their academic performance and for their own behavior.
5. We believe each child, parent, person, and staff member is to be treated with dignity and respect and is expected to treat others in the same manner.
6. We believe the character traits of trustworthiness, fairness, responsibility, respect, caring, and citizenship are essential for all children and adults to demonstrate.
7. We believe our school is a caring, safe, and fair environment where each child can shine and grow.
8. We believe in promoting critical thinking as a process: it involves raising curiosity, setting examples, posing problems, presenting parameters for individual (original) solutions, and sharing solutions.
9. We believe we discipline to correct behavior, not to punish.
10. We believe parents and guardians have the responsibility to actively support the learning process.