Resources for Someone in Crisis:
For immediate support and assistance call:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: CALL 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: CALL 208-398-4357
- Idaho Mental Health Services Crisis Line for Children: CALL 208-769-1406
- Northern Idaho Crisis Center [for people 18 & older]: CALL 208-625-4884
Or, text for immediate support and assistance:
- Crisis Text Line, a free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. TEXT 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Suicide Prevention Tools
FREE QPR Training Event:
Learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide and how to apply steps that can help save a life. QPR is used to train teachers, doctors, nurses, firefighters, and police. It is just as important for parents, friends, neighbors, even teens to be trained in QPR. QPR can be learned in our Gatekeeper course in as little as one hour.
No classes at this time. Check back soon.
Thanks to SPAN, Panhandle Health, and Kootenai Health for making these classes possible.
Handout about the grief process.
Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) are simple steps that anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help.