For the safety and well being of our students, our district policy states: “Students dress and personal appearance shall not disrupt or distract from the educational environment of the school or tend to diminish instructional effectiveness or be hazardous to the health and safety of others.” Therefore, Bryan School guidelines are as follows:
- Articles of clothing with inappropriate logos such as obscenities, vulgarities, offensive remarks, advertisements of controlled/illegal substances or activities are not allowed.
- No hats or sunglasses shall be worn in the building.
- Footwear shall be worn at all times. (Sandals or flip-flops are unsafe for P.E. Appropriate footwear is recommended.)
- Tank tops and other tops or dresses must have wide straps and high cut armholes. Tops should not be low cut or revealing (i.e. spaghetti straps). Tops must be waistline length with no midriffs or skin showing.
- No undergarments are to be showing.
- Shorts and skirts are to be mid-length or longer. Mini-shorts or skirts are not allowed.
- Accessories that may be used as a weapon are prohibited.