News and Updates
If you have students in need of a device or Internet, click on the link above to let us know. We will prioritize needs, starting with seniors and dual credit students, then working down by grade level. This includes students who don't have regular access to a device at home, or homes with multiple students and only one device. Once we know what the needs are, we will work out a process for device pickup or delivery for each school
During this building closure, it is extremely important for families and school staff to collaborate and communicate regarding services for all students with disabilities. Please click on the link above for guidance relating to students with disabilities and their services.
Portrait of a Graduate Weekly Challenge
Your challenge is to complete at least two activities from each row. An extra challenge is to create your own activities that would apply to each Portrait of a Graduate Skill and complete them. Be ready to share what you did when you come back to school. For fun, take a picture of challenges as you complete them and post them to social media with the hashtag: #cdapogchallenge
Previous Weekly Challenges
At Home Tips
Parents, Guardians, Caretakers, and Wonderful Members of our Community:
This time in our community and in the world at large presents an unprecedented challenge in the education of our students. The Coeur d'Alene School District is committed to providing support in the form of both high and low tech resources to our families. We encourage you to help your student(s) do the following:
1. Co-create a schedule with your child. Providing both consistency and variety can help prevent anxiety and boredom.
5. Write letters, emails, fiction, poetry, journal, etc
2. Download the Portrait of a Graduate
Challenge Try it out! Content is broken out by grade, K-5, middle school and high school. New challenges each week.
6. Stay connected (share conversations face-to-face, by phone, through letters and emails, on media platforms)
3. Encourage your student to read 20 or more minutes per day. Try out Sora, our free online library. We just added 100's of new titles at each grade level. Use your district username and password to log into our library.
7. Make use of the online tools and resources you already have through Clever.