DREAM IT! BELIEVE IT! LIVE IT!
How do I get to Carnegie Hall? Practice! Practice! Practice!-Saadi
Hello, my name is Debbi Hahn and I am the director of Woodland Middle School Orchestra and teach 5th grade strings at 6 elementary school for the Coeur d'Alene School district.
I graduated from the University of Idaho with a Bachelor Degree in Music Education in 1995. I have been teaching ever since beginning my career in the Lakeland School District, moving to the Lewiston Independent School District and now currently in the Coeur d’Alene School District.
I am a member of the Coeur d'Alene Symphony Orchestra where I play 2nd violin and occasionally viola. I am also a performer in different ensembles for celebrations and weddings. I have been a volunteer on the Entertainment Committee for Art On the Green. I also have had a private studio where I taught piano, violin, viola and cello for many years.
I am married and have 2 sons and 2 dogs.
In my spare time I like to be outside, walking, running, hiking and biking.
Teaching music is the best job ever!
The Benefits of Orchestra:
Problem solving, self-discipline, team work, listening, coordination, memory, timing, critical thinking, social skills, concentration, culture, character and spatial reasoning.
The National Standards for Arts Education:
Students will continue to improve and build upon
1. Sing alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvise melodies, variations and accompaniments.
4. Compose and arrange music with specific guidelines.
5. Read and notate music.
6. Listen to, analyze and describe music.
7. Evaluate music and music performances.
8. Understand relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understand music in relation to history and culture.
10. Students will continue to improve advanced string technique, posture, intonation and musicality.
Being a good musician requires commitment, hard work, practice, good technique and inspiration. With time and dedication you can become a good musician!
208-667-5996 ext 34049