Lakes Magnet Wrestling Program
· All students in 6th 7th and 8th grade are welcome. Competition is matched according to weight and experience. Everyone will participate.
· Equipment is very simple: you will need to purchase wrestling shoes (there are some loaners available for hardship cases).
· Gym shorts and t-shirts are required for practice. Uniforms are provided for competition.
· Athletes are expected to come to every practice. Practice begins after school and ends at 5:00 pm.
· The wrestling season this year is from October 22 to December 8.Eligibility:
Participating in co/extra-curricular activities within the district requires that the student maintain successful performance in academics and citizenship and that the student remains in good standing as defined within the school district co/extra-curricular activity code. As a Lakes Magnet wrestler, you are held to higher expectations than the regular student body. It is a PRIVELEGE, not a right to be able to participate in extracurricular activities. Lakes Wrestling does not condone substance abuse (drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, or taking illegal drugs). If you are caught, you will be punished. This could result in termination from the team.
Requirements to Participate:
Same for all sports. See 'Requirements/Forms' in Athletics section of this website.