Welcome to the Skyway PTA
About the Skyway PTA!
PTA Mission in a Nutshell:
Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA Meetings are held the second Wednesday of every month at 4 p.m. Meetings will be held in the Skyway Elementary Library and virtually.
Help your child's classroom:
#clearthelist has come to Skyway Elementary! Teachers have created wishlists on Amazon with items they need to be more effective for our students. When you make a purchase of an item it will be delivered directly to them. See the school wide list at https://skywaynestpta.square.site/teacher-wishlists. Let's clear the list for our teachers!
How Can I Give Back?
Amazon Smiles: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/71-1010112
Box Tops- Get more information at www.btfe.com
Fred Meyer Rewards - link your account to Skyway under Community Rewards at https://www.fredmeyer.com
Scrip: Order gift cards online at https://shop.shopwithscrip.com
Membership dues are just $10 per year and allow you full access to what is going on in the PTA. 75% of this membership fee is remitted to the National and Idaho PTA for the guidance and protections they provide. As a PTA member you will have voting rights at meetings, monthly updates via email and friendly reminders about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
The following are examples of grants funded by PTA to benefit our Skyway community!
- Funded all-student year-long access to Brain Pop and Accelerated Reader (AR)
- Organized movie nights for Skyway families
- Created the Skyway Yearbook
- Santa Shop
- Week long Gary Hogg author visit
- Support of:
- Watch D.O.G. training
- Boys/Girls Night Out
- Spring Carnival
- Popcorn for all students on “Popcorn Days”
- Sponsored and organized teacher appreciation week, and provided meals to teachers during school conferences
- Sponsored field trips for individual grade levels
- Furnished grants to teachers and the school to supplement and enhance the student experience at Skyway including: Tech Trot prizes, 2nd grade tie dye project, alternative seating in classrooms, staff supply room materials, Special Chorus accompanist, club appreciation bags, and the Skyway garden
- Organized and volunteered for various fundraisers throughout the year including: Great American, Skyway restaurant nights, Triple Play Nights, Skate Plaza Nights
- Sold Skyway wear to promote school spirit
How Can I Get Involved?
- Attend meetings
- Volunteer for a single event throughout the year.
- Chair or join a committee (fundraising, event coordination, grant writing…)
- Join the board! Be at the head of the PTA – trust me when I say these people are awesome, fun, welcoming and would love to hear your ideas!
2022-2023 PTA Board Members
Meghan Boyle - presidentJoanna Ross - vice presidentJonathan Greene- secretaryGracie Bitnoff- treasurer