Welcome to the Skyway PTA
About the Skyway PTA!
PTA Mission in a Nutshell:
Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Membership dues are just $10 per year and allow you full access to what is going on in the PTA. 75% of this membership fee is remitted to the National and Idaho PTA for the guidance and protections they provide. As a PTA member you will have voting rights at meetings, monthly updates via email and friendly reminders about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
What Did the PTA Do for Us in the 2018-2019 School Year?
- Funded all-student year-long access to Brain Pop and Accelerated Reader (AR)
- Organized movie nights for Skyway families
- Created the Skyway Yearbook
- Santa Shop
- Week long Gary Hogg author visit
- Support of:
- Watch D.O.G. training
- Boys/Girls Night Out
- Spring Carnival
- Popcorn for all students on “Popcorn Days”
- Sponsored and organized teacher appreciation week, and provided meals to teachers during school conferences
- Sponsored field trips for individual grade levels
- Furnished grants to teachers and the school to supplement and enhance the student experience at Skyway including: Tech Trot prizes, 2nd grade tie dye project, alternative seating in classrooms, staff supply room materials, Special Chorus accompanist, club appreciation bags, and the Skyway garden
- Organized and volunteered for various fundraisers throughout the year including: Great American, Skyway restaurant nights, Triple Play Nights, Skate Plaza Nights
- Sold Skyway wear to promote school spirit
How Can I Get Involved?
- Attend meetings
- Volunteer for a single event throughout the year.
- Chair or join a committee (fundraising, event coordination, grant writing…)
- Join the board! Be at the head of the PTA – trust me when I say these people are awesome, fun, welcoming and would love to hear your ideas!
2019-2020 Board Members
Christina Harris - presidentRochel McKenna - president electNatalie SozzoniKimberly Horganco-vice presidentsErika Schreiber - treasurerCarol Behrens - secretary