Canfield Athletics - Go Cougs!
Welcome to Canfield Middle School Athletics!
Our athletic program is designed to facilitate student growth aligned with our District's Portrait of a Graduate:
We encourage all students to participating in co/extra-curricular activities. To be eligible to participate students must:
- Turn in Required Paperwork before the start of the season they wish to participate in.
- Maintain successful performance in academics and citizenship as outlined in the District Policy and Procedures (policy 3400, 3400P, 3400E).
Hello Canfield Families,
I am reaching out to inform you about our upcoming Wrestling Season. We are excited to have your athlete participate!
Wrestling is open to each grade level for both boys and girls. We are fortunate enough to have Coach Hook and Coach Whiteman leading our team this year.
Practice will begin on Feb 16th. Our first meet will be held on March 2nd. Please follow the link to find our Meet Schedule for the season.
As of this time we will not be allowing spectators to attend meets, but will be live streaming the events. A link will be sent via email before each meet. This was a very difficult decision to make and we realize it is disappointing to many of our families. With the large number of athletes and families typically attending our wrestling events, our team of athletic directors was unable to work out a way to fairly include our families and follow our Idaho Stage 2 Stay Healthy Order. We appreciate your understanding as we have had to reinvent many aspects of our programs this year just to keep kids “in the game!”
Please have your student turn these required documents into the front office before the first practice:
- SPORTS PHYSICAL – Must be on file PRIOR to the first practice. This physical is good for all three years of middle school and can be completed by your family practitioner or urgent care providers (the form can be printed from Canfield Athletic Page if Dr. office does not have one).
- SPORTS CONTRACT – Good for 1 year of athletics.
- ACTIVITY EMERGENCY CARD (for coaches to take with them to away games)
- ASB ACTIVITY PASS – All athletes are required to purchase the activity pass for their student body card. The cost is $15. Please purchase this on skyward or at the office and we will add an indicator to your student’s ASB card. If you purchase this after cards are printed you will need to have your student come to the office for a sticker.
You can also swing by the front office for a printed athletic packet if you do not choose to print the forms from our website.
Please know that the schedule and format of the season are subject to change based upon input from our School Board, guidance from local Athletic Directors, IHSAA guidance, and local governing bodies. We will have safety protocols in place that will need to be strictly followed. We appreciate your flexibility as we work to provide your students extracurricular opportunities while also considering the needs of our community.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
Canfield Middle School