Growth & Change
This fall and winter, Coeur d’Alene Public Schools will conduct a comprehensive review of all school attendance zones in our district.
This system-wide boundary review will allow you to be informed and involved in shaping solutions to address the pressures of population growth, shifting demographics in our community, and equity in access to educational opportunity.
Before next spring we will present proposed adjustments to our school attendance zones to the Board of Trustees. Any changes approved will take effect the following school year (2020-21).
This is the right time to look at adjusting school boundaries.
- Rapid growth continues to bring more students into our district.
- Construction of new housing in some zones is putting stress on existing schools.
- Many of our 17 schools are at or over capacity.
- In the fall of 2020, we will open a new elementary school on Prairie Avenue. Establishing the attendance zone for this school will affect the zones of neighboring schools.
How this will work
Coeur d’Alene Public Schools has partnered with FLO Analytics, a regional consulting company that specializes in data-driven boundary review services. Together, we plan to analyze population forecasts, enrollment projections and land use trends over the next few months.
We also need to hear from you. We will host community meetings and conduct surveys to ensure families are well informed throughout the process and have multiple opportunities to be engaged and involved.
Our goal is to develop a comprehensive plan that promotes optimal learning environments and ensures equitable opportunities for every student we serve.
Questions or comments?
August 5, 2019 - Board of Trustees selects project facilitator
August through October 2019
- Establish community engagement plan and boundary review process
- Demographic and land use analysis
- Enrollment assessment
- Enrollment forecasts
- Community surveys
- Guiding principles
- Springboard proposal
- Draft enrollment forecast meeting
- Community survey insights meeting
- Prepare for boundary review committee process
- Springboard review meeting
November 2019 to February 2020
- Committee meetings
- Open houses
- Recommendation to Board of Trustees