Strategic Direction Plan
STRATEGIC DIRECTION PLAN: Download our Strategic Direction Infographic [PDF/127.8KB]
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: We invest in each student to prepare, challenge and advance well-educated, resilient and future-ready citizens.
OUR VISION: Coeur d'Alene Public Schools is an education leader, promoting opportunities for innovation in learning and inspiring excellence in everyone.
Safe, Supportive and Vibrant Learning Environments
- Access resources effectively to support the emotional, social, academic, and physical needs of all students at all schools.
- Ensure students and staff in every building have safe and welcoming places to learn and work.
High Expectations for All
- Expect all students, every year to grow in their learning toward meeting or exceeding grade-level standards.
- Encourage students to take ownership of their learning and continually self-monitor their progress.
- Increase family engagement to positively impact each student’s educational progress.
Quality Teachers and Instruction
- Equip educators with the tools to innovate through the use of creativity, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Attract, develop and retain the highest quality teachers, support staff and administrators.
- Develop high interest and relevant learning experiences that include the use of technology.
- Ensure that teachers are equipped with and effectively trained in strategies for individualized instruction.
- Personalize instruction to meet individual students’ academic and emotional needs.
Family and Community Engagement
- Ensure responsible stewardship of public funds.
- Expand the effective use of volunteers in our schools.
- Cultivate existing and new partnerships to inspire community-wide confidence and pride in our schools.
- Engage students and families in continuous learning opportunities at school and in the community throughout the year.