**Our 2023 season will begin in August 2023. Check back for details in May for team information.
CONGRATS to the Women's 2022 team-DISTRICT AND STATE CHAMPIONS! Also congrats to the Men's team for Academic Award (1st in State GPA 3.790) and 2nd Place at Districts AND STATE .
Our 2022 Season has begun. Our current schedule is linked on the right, in the announcement section. New students or transfers wanting to join the team, must contact Coach Sobek.
Any questions, please contact Coach Shelly Sobek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Schedule: For those that make the team, minimum 85% attendance is REQUIRED in order to compete (attendance records begin 8/8/22).Suit Requirements for practices and competition:
- Practice and competition suits MUST cover your body appropriately. Swimmers with inadequate suit coverage will be provided with an alternative for practice (until they are gone) or the swimmer will be dismissed for the day and attendance will be docked. Swimmers with an inappropriate suit for meets may be disqualified by the meet officials. Please ensure you have appropriate suits for the season. Swimoutlet.com is a great place to purchase suits. I expect that butt cheeks will be covered, not just butt cracks, as well as chests.
- For Yoga-ALL swimmers need shorts.
Practice Times: Bring swim gear, water bottle and appropriate clothes for dryland. We will meet on the pool deck daily, ready to start at 7:30AM.
- You must attend 10 practices with LCHS in order to compete (IHSAA rules).
- As long as you have 10 practices with LCHS, CAST practices will count toward your total for practices to meet the 85% requirement, ONLY if you are there for the FULL practice. Attendance is confirmed weekly with CAST coaches. They do mark if you leave early or are more than 5 minutes late. Supporting your team means you are committing to full practices to be your best for yourself and the team!
- August 22-26 and Aug 29-Sept 1: 7:30-8:00 AM (Dryland/Yoga), 8:00AM-9:30AM (Swim)
- Friday Sept 2nd and Monday Sept. 5th: NO PRACTICES for Labor Day weekend.
- Sept. 6th-end of season: Monday-Friday 3:00-4:30pm (Swim), 4:30-5:00pm Dryland/yoga.
All practices are at the KROC. YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION daily to practice. There are some swimmer carpools that occur, but there is no bus that is provided to get to the pool by the school.
We communicate to the team mostly by e-mail and sometimes through "Remind" texts. Remember to sign up for REMIND 101 to receive text updates.
- Swimmers will be required to purchase a navy or black suit for competitions.
- Recommended Female Options: https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-solid-wide-strap-one-piece-swimsuit-19795/?color=209 OR https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-solid-thin-strap-one-piece-swimsuit-19794/?color=209
- Recommended Male Options: Jammer: https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/tyr-durafast-solid-jammer-swimsuit-1943/?color=10218 OR Speedo Style: https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-poly-pro-solid-brief-swimsuit-8125099/?color=11927
CONGRATS to the LCHS Women's Team--STATE CHAMPIONS! Congrats to the Men's team-3rd Place. New State Record Women's 4 x 100 FR Relay (Emma Fritz, Riley Taylor, Julia Pierce, Gabby Garasky). New Team records: Gabby Garasky (200 FR, 200 FR relay, 400 FR relay) Riley Taylor (200 IM, 100 Back, 400 FR relay), Trista Slife (100 BR, 200 FR relay), Emma Fritz (200 and 400 FR relays), Demi Blaylock (200 FR relay) Julia Pierce (400 FR relay).
For Full 2021 results for both Women and Men, Click HERE
CONGRATS to the LCHS swimmers for the 2020 season: Girls 3rd place overall at state, Men 4th place overall at state, Logan Robillard: State Champion 500 Freestyle, 2nd place 200 FR. Lance Mielke 2nd Place in 200 IM and 100 BR, 400 FR Relay 2nd place. Girls 400 FR Relay 2nd place.
2019: The Men's team placed 4th overall and Women placed 10th.
LCHS SWIMMING - Boys & Girls 2019 District Champs!WELCOME !!LCHS Swimming has a proud and longstanding tradition of excellence. We excel with only one rule - - support your teammates! Let's look forward to a season of fun, hard work, and learning to be the best swimmer you can be!
Swimming is a sanctioned sport for guys and girls, grades 9 through 12. The season generally runs from mid-August through early November.Homeschooled students and students attending the CdA Charter Academy who live within the LCHS boundaries are also welcome to join our team!
Congratulations to our 2018 Ladies. For the very first time in LCHS history, an athletic team has won the title of Fall Sports Academic State Champions for the sport of Swimming.
2018 Men's and Women's District Champions!
Coach Michelle ("Shelly") Sobek: email@example.com
- Eva Marie Heick (scheduling and general info): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marae Carr (team banquet):
- Looking for Help! (team dinners, auction basket and state "swag"):
Congrats to our New Team Record holders:
- Women's 200 Medley Relay: Riley Taylor, Quinn Taylor, Gabby Garasky, Trista Slife (1:51.30) in Prelims, then dropped more time to re-set the record at 1:50.29
- Gabby Garasky: 100 Butterfly new team AND STATE record (56.24), New Team record 100 Backstroke (57.99)
- Quinn Taylor: 100 Breaststroke (1:07.16) set in Prelim
Congrats to Gabby Garasky for breaking her own team record in the 100 Butterfly (58.25).
Trista Slife tied for the team record in the 100 Breaststroke (1:08.32).
Congrats to Quinn Taylor for lowering her new school record in the 100 Breaststroke with a time of 1:08.32.
Congratulations to Gabby Garasky for her new school record in the 100 Butterfly with a time of 59.33.
Questions? Please email Coach Shelly Sobek: email@example.com