Food ServiceTeacher: Angie Beck208-667-7460Family and Consumer Sciences is the area once commonly known as Home Economics. It is the best source of preparation for the "adulting" skills requested by so many millenials. Along with the pathway programs offered we offer education in the areas of child care, human development, sewing, budgeting, consumer economics, decision making, and other life area lessons.
On highlight area is our Culinary Arts program of study for students who are interested in pursuing an interest in food production. The pathway of study for this content area is delivered through Family and Consumer Sciences education in the arena of career technical education.
Students interested in food service careers should take the following sequence of courses.
1. Foods and Nutrition : 9th/10th grades
2. Intro to Culinary Arts: 10th/11th grades
3. Culinary Arts: 11th/12th grades
4. Food Service Apprenticship/Internship: 12th grade, as quaified
Students may earn the following industry certifications to aid in job placement, advancement, and education.
1. University of Idhao - Food Handler's card
2. Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare- Manager's Safety and Sanitation Certification
3. National Restaurant Association's ServSafe Manager's Certification
Culinary Arts students may also earn credits that articulate to credits at North Idaho College.We are a top notch award winning program that helps you do your best to be successful.We look forward to working with you in class.