First Grade Class
I am so excited to have your child in my class this school year! This school year will be full of leaps and bounds as your child embarks on a new journey. I believe that the community established within the classroom builds genuine relationships, establishes mutual trust, and creates a working literate environment. Real communities flourish when we bring together the voices, hearts, and souls of the people who inhabit them. Teaching children how to listen and respond to each other in respectful and thoughtful ways also helps foster new relationships and caring communities.
My goals for this year are to:
- Help every child feel loved, worthy, important, and appreciated.
- Provide a joyful and challenging environment where learning is meaningful and takes place through exploration.
- Empower children to become responsible and independent learners.
- Motivate every child to become a lifelong learner.
- Encourage every child to see him/herself as a problem solver.
- Celebrate the unique characteristics and learning styles of each child.
- Help every child become sensitive to the feelings and needs of others.
- Communicate effectively with all families.
- Enjoy each and every moment!
Please remember that you are an extension of this classroom community, and you are always welcome to join us in our celebrations of our smart work. I look forward to working with you and your child to make this a successful, fun, and productive year!Mrs. Adams
Please encourage your first grader to read each night for 20 minutes! Homework Packets are due on Friday.
Help earn money for our school....bring in Box Tops!Specialist Schedule:
Mondays - Library
Tuesdays - PE (Don't forget your PE shoes!)Wednesdays - Music
Thursdays - Art
Fridays - Technology
1. Click on this link to order Scholastic books online.
2. On the parent page, click on the "Register" link.
3. When prompted, enter the one-time Class Activation Code J6P6M. This unique code ensures that your order is sent to me.