Lakes Middle School Instrumental Music
Beginning Band, Beginning Orchestra, Intermediate Band, Advanced Band,
Advanced Orchestra, Jazz Band
Jonathan Madrid, Teacher ~ Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Band and Orchestra Materials
- 3 Ring Binder
- Sheet Protectors
Method Books for Band:
Sound Innovation Book for Concert Band
Beginning Band: Blue S.I. Book 1 for C.B.
Intermediate Band: Blue S.I Book 1 for C.B. , Red S.I. Book 2 for C.B. (Spring Semester)
Advanced Band: Red S.I. Book 2 for C.B.
Sound Innovation Book for String Orchestra
Beginning Orchestra: Blue S.I. Book 1 for S.O. , Red S.I. Book 2 for S.O. (Spring Semester)
Advanced Orchestra: Red S.I. Book 2 for S.O
Trumpet, French Horn, Baritone, Tuba:
- Valve oil with your name on it
- Cleaning swab/ Brushes
- Slide-o-Mix or Slide Cream
- Mist Spray Bottle
- Cleaning Swab/ Brushes
Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon:
- A Minimum of 3 playable reeds (Med-Soft, Soft, 2 strength, 2.5 strength.)
- Cork Grease
- Cleaning Swab (NO PAD SAVERS)
- Cleaning rod and soft cotton cleaning cloth (a thin cotton handkerchief works fine could be a cut piece of clothing.)
- Cloth to wipe the oil off flute. (Small Microfiber or Cotton)
- 2 pairs of size 5B sticks with your name on them. (Total four sticks. One pair for home and one for school)
- Keyboard mallets are shared among students. If you want your own, please contact Mr. Madrid.
- Shoulder Rest
- Rosin (Bass Requires Bass Rosin)
- Endpin Stop/Protector
You can get all of this and more at Burt’s Music on Sherman Avenue or Northwest Music by the
Tristate Outfitters. If you plan to order something online feel free to contact me to make sure that the selected items meet the requirements.
Beginning Band Flute Player: 3 Ring Binder, Sheet Protectors, Pencil, Blue Sound Innovations for Concert Band Book 1 for Flute, Flute, Cleaning Rod, Cleaning Cloth.
Beginning Orchestra Violin Player: 3 Ring Binder, Sheet Protectors, Pencil, Blue Sound Innovations for String Orchestra Book 1 for Violin, Violin, Bow, Rosin, Shoulder Rest.