The Advanced Opportunities program provides students an opportunity to individualize their high school educational plan to get a head start on their future. Students may use the Advanced Opportunities funding towards eligible courses including overload courses, dual credit, Advanced Placement Exams (AP), and technical competency credit.
All students in grades 7-12 have access to state funding through their Advanced Opportunities Portal Account. Middle School students most commonly access the Advanced Opportunities funding to help pay for overload courses: high school level courses taken in addition to a full middle school course load. Students wishing to access their Advanced Opportunities funding should complete the following steps:
- Meet with the College & Career Coordinator, or the assigned school Counselor, to discuss the process, potential course selection, and course registration information.
- Complete the Fast Forward Participation Form- This form needs to be signed and returned to the Middle School College and Career Coordinator or the Main Office at the student’s middle school.
- Register for a course. The College & Career Coordinator will provide step-by-step registration instructions when meeting with the student.
- Be successful in the course(s) they take! The grades for these courses will be placed on both the middle school and high school transcript.
- Create an Advanced Opportunities Portal Account - Students will use the Portal to track their available balance and funding status.
The College and Career Coordinator will submit funding requests for all eligible courses based on enrollment lists from each of our providers. If you have any questions please contact the Middle School College & Career Coordinator at (208) 626-3348 or email@example.com