Elementary Open Enrollment/Transfer Request



    The Open Enrollment Window for Elementary Schools will be from April 13 – April 30, 2020.

    Any student wishing to attend a school for which they are not zoned based on the newly approved boundaries, whether in or out-of-district, will need to fill out an Open Enrollment Transfer Application  This includes students who are currently on an open enrollment waiver and would like to continue to attend the school for which they are not zoned. Per Policy 3010, Open Enrollment applications must be submitted to the school of choice annually, for potential admission the following year.

    You can find information about the newly approved boundary changes here.


    1. Applications are NOT granted on a first-come, first-served basis.  For consideration, applications need to be submitted between April 13, 2020 and by closing on April 30, 2020.

    2. More information can be found in district the District's Open Enrollment Policy (3010) and Procedure (3010P).

In-District vs Out-of-District

  • Is your student considered to be an out-of-district or in-district transfer? Read more below to find out. Please be aware, every new student will be required to show proof of residency when enrolling by providing one the following:

    1. A current utility bill
    2. Rental/purchase agreement 

    IN-DISTRICT: Your student(s) MUST reside inside the boundaries of the Coeur d'Alene School District to considered an in-district student. You can enter you address in our School Site Locator to see if your residence is inside District 271.


    OUT-OF-DISTRICT: Students who reside anywhere outside of our school district boundaries are considered out-of-district students.

  • Find your zoned school site:

    Before you begin the application process, use the School Site Locator to find your home school site based on your resident address and access the correct form for your situation. *Please be sure to note the address that was used in the School Site Locator as you will need it to complete your application.


    I have a(n):

    In District Address

    Out of District Address