DUAL Credit Information
DUAL credit is a program available to Coeur d'Alene High School students that allows eligible students to enroll in college level courses. Students who successfully complete their DUAL credit courses will receive both college and high school level credit.
Spring 2019 DUAL Credit Course offerings
Coeur d'Alene High School Campus
High School Equivalent
High School Credits
Intro to Literature
UI Political Science 101** Intro to Political Science and American Government. Government 3 1
US History after 1876
FLAN 207 Cutlure and History of France Elective 3 1.5 NIC CAOT* 120, 130 & 150 WORD, Excel & PowerPoint Technology 3 1.5
* CAOT - Computer Application and Office Technology
**POLS 101 meets one semester of the goverment requirement. This course is available to students who took AP Government fall semester.
Click here for a printable copy of the Spring 2019 DUAL credit courses.
DUAL Credit Enrollment Procedures
CHS students have the opportunity to take DUAL credit courses from multiple colleges and universities. Below is a general listing of steps for students wishing to become a DUAL enrolled student. To find more detailed steps for DUAL enrollment based on the different colleges and universities, please see the college links below.
1. Bring a completed DUAL Credit Authorization form to your high school counselor
2. Apply to your intended college/university
3. If needed, schedule your placement assessments
4. Select your intended courses based on your placement, high school graduation requirements and post-secondary plans
5. Give a copy of your college schedule to your counselor for review