All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Career Cruising is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 09, students will:
- Review the Career Clusters - groups of professions based on common activities;
- Revisit their initial 4-year high school plan and update it based on current student interests and post-secondary goals;
- Complete the Career Selector - allowing students to search for careers based on criteria such as earnings, working conditions, and core tasks;
- Initiate their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them; and
- Formulate both short and long-term goals.
Students can use the activities at right to guide them through the process.