All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Career Cruising is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 10, students will:
- Revisit their initial 4-year high school plan and update it based on current student interests and post-secondary goals;
- Review their Matchmaker Assessment completed in the 8th-grade year and add some refining information;
- Complete "My Skills" where students will compare their responses to skill requirements of each career;
- Complete "My Activities and Experiences" which will begin the work on their eventual rèsumé. Students will identify their extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, skills and abilities; and
- Review their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them.
Students can use the activities at right to guide them through the process.