All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Xello is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 11, students will:
- Review their final 4-year high school plan and make final edits based on current student interests and post-secondary goals;
- Learn about current trends related to work and employment;
- Develop an initial rèsumé. Students will identify their extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, skills and abilities;
- Review their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them;
- Complete a college selector search, identifying schools of interest; and
- Attempt the "Financial Aid Selector," connecting students to scholarship opportunities.
Students can use the activities at right to guide them through the process.
Choosing a CollegeIn this lesson, students will identify which factors are important to them in a potential postsecondary school, and investigate how a college or university stacks up to their priorities.
Career DemandIn this lesson, students will learn about job projections and outlook, analyze factors that impact job demand, such as changes in technology, demographics, business practices or production methods, consumer preferences, and workplace restructuring, and explore how their career plans may be shaped by demand for a career that interests them.