All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Career Cruising is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 11, students will:
- Review their final 4-year high school plan and make final edits based on current student interests and post-secondary goals;
- Update their "Career and Life Goals" completed in the 8th-grade year and add some refining information;
- Review "My Skills" and "My Activities and Experiences" where students will compare their responses to skill requirements of each career;
- Develop an initial rèsumé. Students will identify their extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, skills and abilities;
- Review their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them;
- Complete a college selector search, identifying schools of interest; and
- Attempt the "Financial Aid Selector," connecting students to scholarship opportunities.
Students can use the activities at right to guide them through the process.