All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Career Cruising is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 12, students will:
- Update their "Career and Life Goals," "My Skills," and "My Activities and Experiences" and add some final information;
- Finalize their an initial rèsumé. Students will identify their extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, skills and abilities;
- Complete an updated "Financial Aid Selector," connecting students to scholarship opportunities;
- Explore job search strategies and refine interview skills using the "Employment Exploration" area;
- Review the "Application Tracker" to see application deadlines and progress towards acceptance;
- Review their needs for financial aid and apply for scholarships and federal aid;
- Review their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them; and
- Prepare for what lies ahead after graduation.
Students can access handouts and support materials at right.
Application Planner, the latest addition to Career Cruising’s complete guidance system, offers a robust set of tools and features to help students navigate the path of applying to college, including application deadlines and requirements, college visits, local scholarship opportunities, and scholarship applications. At the same time, advisors can track their students' progress and support them throughout the process.