All Coeur d’Alene Public Schools students will have the knowledge and skills required for success in college, career, and life. Xello is provided to help meet student goals annually, leading to their high school graduation and beyond.
In grade 12, students will:
- Update their "Career and Life Goals," "My Skills," and "My Activities and Experiences" and add some final information;
- Finalize their an initial rèsumé. Students will identify their extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, skills and abilities;
- Complete an updated "Financial Aid Selector," connecting students to scholarship opportunities;
- Explore job search strategies and refine interview skills using the "Employment Exploration" area;
- Assess how their current work/school demands affect family life, free time, etc.;
- Review the "Application Tracker" to see application deadlines and progress towards acceptance;
- Review their needs for financial aid and apply for scholarships and federal aid;
- Review their post-secondary plan, reviewing their career goals and the levels of education necessary to achieve them; and
- Prepare for what lies ahead after graduation.
Students can access handouts and support materials at right.
Job InterviewsIn this lesson, students will explore ways to prepare for a job interview, describe their own abilities and qualifications in the context of an interview, investigate job interview questions in the context of a career that interests them, and explore appropriate post-interview behaviors and actions.
Work/Life BalanceIn this lesson, students will assess how their current work (school) demands affect family life, free time, etc., identify the work demands of a career of interest, and explore strategies for maintaining a healthy life-work balance now and in the future.