Frequently Asked Questions

  • What will my password be?

    Your initial log-in is a combination of the first 5 letters of your last name and the first 3 letters of your first name followed by a 3 digit number. For example: Chris Larson would be LARSO + CHR + 000 or LARSOCHR000. If there is another name that is similar, such as Christopher Larson the 3 digit number would differentiate the two: LARSOCHR001.

    In the case of short last names, the login still needs 5 letters for the last name. If you have a 2, 3 or 4 letter last name, then spaces must be entered to equal 5. For example: Tim Burt is BURT TIM000 with one space after the last name, Bev Day would be DAY BEV000 (with two spaces added after the last name), Ken Yo would be YO KEN000 (with three spaces after the last name).

    What should I do if my log-in or password doesn’t work?
    Please contact your child’s school and ask for the Family Access Coordinator. Please note that most of the time, when the log-in or password doesn’t work, it is because the user is not recognizing the difference between l (lamp), I (ice) and the number 1 or O (orange) and zero.

    Can I change my log-in, password, or email?
    Yes, you can change your log-in and/or password. Once you log-in, click the “Account Info” button on the tool bar at top of the screen. Click the appropriate button. You can update your e-mail address also by clicking “Account Info” and then “Change My E-mail”. If you cannot see the buttons, try changing your monitor resolution to a higher setting (e.g. 1024 x 768).

    What if I forgot my password?
    If you have entered your e-mail address into the system, you can click on the “Forgot Your Login/Password” link on the log-in screen and retrieve your information. If you did not enter your e-mail address, you will need to go to your child’s school and have them print out a new Family Access information sheet. You must show a picture ID to receive the information.

    What if I only see one of my children when I log in?
    This may be a result of family records not merging in our data conversion to the new system. We will be working to join those records during the first few months of the school year. If this happens later in the year, please contact the office of the school for the student who you are not able to see in the system and ask for the Family Access Coordinator. Show them your log-in and they should be able to combine your information so that you can see all of your children when you log in.

    What if I do not have access or access is denied?

    Contact the office at your child’s school and ask for the Family Access Coordinator.

    What if I have a log-in but no password or did not receive a log-in and password?

    Go to your child’s school and contact the Family Access Coordinator. They will provide you with a log-in and password. You must show a picture ID to receive the information.

    Can more than one parent/guardian have access to a child's record?
    Yes. Each parent/guardian can register individually and will receive his/her own unique password. Parents must have legal rights to view their child's school records.

    What do I do if I feel that the Family Access information is incorrect?

    Contact the Family Access Coordinator at your child's school administration.

    Can I reach Family Access from any computer?

    Yes. All you need is Internet access to view the Family Access website.

    What if I do not have a computer in my home?
    You can use a computer from anywhere with Internet access to view the Family Access website. For example the public library, your local senior center (if you are a senior citizen), Internet cafes, or any computer that has Internet access.

    I do not live in Kootenai County. Can I still gain access to my child's information on Family Access?
    Yes, under a few conditions. First, you must be registered at the school as the legal guardian. Then you must download the following request form, have it notarized and mail it back to your child's school. Your demographic information will be entered for you and then you will be notified of your user id and password. Click here for non-resident request form.