District Technology Plan 2016-2019
The CdA Public Schools Technology Plan for 2016-2019 has been updated.
- Move to 1 device per student district wide
- Add Technology professional development offerings for staff each year
- Increase the number of teachers utilizing blended learning platforms such as Google Classroom or Agilix Buzz each year
- Continue to provide high quality customer service and support for technology related issues
- Place all technology devices, including infrastructure equipment, on sustainable replacement cycles
- Increase bandwidth to outpace increasing curricular and business needs--10 gbps by 2020
In addition, the goals from our previous technology plan continue:
- Provide a district wide network infrastructure (routers, bridges, repeaters, optical fiber, cable, wireless, WiFi, etc.) that supports inter-connectivity and intra-connectivity .
- Secure the use of technology to prevent unauthorized access and to promote safe access.
- Provide reliable and responsive network administration services, maintenance, and support.
- Ensure equitable access to reliable and readily available technology (computers and related peripherals) for instructional staff and students.
- Integrate technology into curriculum and instruction.
- Assist students to become technologically literate.
- Provide ongoing technology professional development that will support staff in the acquisition of technology literacy skills, improve instructional process, and build awareness of instructional technology.
- Assess the impact of technology use in the classroom.
- Improve district’s administrative processes through implementation of more effective electronic applications.
Technology Advisory Council
The District Technology Advisory Council provides guidance in technology planning. The committee consists of community members, staff members, parents and students who meet as needed to discuss current initiatives and offer input.
Please contact Seth Deniston, Director of Technology, if you are interested in serving on this committee.