Stand Up, Speak Up
We strongly encourage our students, families and community members to Stand Up, Speak Up against bullying in our schools and our community. If you or someone you know has been bullied, please fill out our Report a Bully form to report it to the appropriate person.
What You Need to Know About Bullying
Silence is a Bully's Best Friend.
At the Coeur d'Alene School District, we are committed to investing in each child, providing inspiration to all, and making certain our schools are emotionally and physically safe for each child to learn.
Everything we do is designed to help every child achieve; we are focused on eradicating bullying from our schools. We encourage our students, families and community members — when you see bullying happening in your community, don't stand by, CHOOSE ACTION!
Are you or is someone you know being bullied?Use the information on this page to determine:
If yes, use our online reporting system.
- If your situation fits the definition of bullying; and
- You want to report it
What is Bullying?The uniform definition describes bullying as "any unwanted aggressive behavior(s) by another youth or group of youths who are not siblings or current dating partners that involves an observed or perceived power imbalance and is repeated multiple times or is highly likely to be repeated."To be considered an act of bullying, the following must be present:
Coeur d'Alene School District Policy on Bullying
- There is aggressive behavior by another student or group of students
- The behavior creates an imbalance of power between the bully and the victim, either socially or emotionally
- The behavior has been repeated
How do I respond?
Things to do immediately:
- Intervene immediately. It is ok to get an adult to help.
- Separate those involved.
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Meet any immediate medical or mental health needs.
- Stay calm. Reassure those involved, including bystanders.
- Model respectful behavior when you intervene.
- See the stopbullying.gov's site for more ways to respond
If you think someone is in danger:
- Contact the SPAN (Suicide Prevention Action Network) of Idaho or call 1-800-273-8255
- Call the local police:
- Kootenai County Sheriff -(208) 446-1300
- Coeur d'Alene Police Department - (208) 769-2320
- Hayden Lake Police Department - (208) 772-2161
- Complete the form below to report any bullying that you may have been a victim of or observed.