We know that you have many choices when selecting a school for your child. Bryan Elementary is a high-performing school that offers many special opportunities for students to learn and grow.
- At approximately 425 students, Bryan is one of the smaller elementary schools in the Coeur d'Alene School District.
- Bryan's Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is very active. They assist with many events throughout the school year and work hard to fund field trips, special materials, and projects throughout the school year.
- Bryan's mid-town location serves a diverse variety of students representing many cultural and socio-economic groups.
- The entire staff at Bryan takes pride in having a shared mission of excellence and a view that all students are "our kids."
- Bryan has been awarded a five-star rating by the State Department Education in the two years since the star rating program was implemented.
- We have school-wide Title 1 status allowing for greater flexibility in providing support with reading instruction to all students. Title 1 support for students varies from two-week skill groups to year-long intervention plans.
- Students may apply for jobs through our meaningful work program. Before school and during recess, student workers assist younger students, help office staff, and beautify the school.
- Our annual student play gives students the opportunity to act in a large-scale musical production.
- Bryan's student board allows students to develop leadership skills and support many community organizations though their philanthropy.
- Over 25% of our students participate in Cross Country each fall. They meet each day before school to practice and compete in a school and district meet.
- Bryan's fourth and fifth grade marimba ensemble and special chorus perform at many community events including Kootenai Health Foundation's Festival of Trees.
- Other student opportunities include drama club and student newspaper.
- Dr. Seuss Night is our biggest event of the year. We celebrate Read Across America Day by inviting all Bryan families to join us for dinner and fun activities to celebrate reading.
- Dads & Donuts and Moms & Muffins events give parents the opportunity to spend some quality time before school with their children.
- Math is Fun d'Mental is a carnival of math games and an opportunity for the Bryan community to enjoy a dinner at the school.