Welcome LCHS Booster Club Members!
For those of you who are unaware, the LCHS Booster Club was formed in 1995 and seeks to build better character of our students through High School extracurricular activities and athletics. To accomplish that goal the Booster Club engages in various fund raising activities throughout the year including the Two Schools One Goal Auction (held in the first two weeks in October) and the Parker Toyota Car Raffle. As a
direct result of your past support, the Booster Club has raised over $650,000 in the last five years alone which has enriched the lives of our students beyond compare. The Booster Club uses the money to support all High School activities and has helped provide funding to various departments including: Art, Band, Choir, DECA, Drama,FCCLA, Debate, Cheerleading and Journalism amongst others. In addition, those monies have also been used to help:
• Build an indoor Baseball/Softball hitting facility
• Remove the grass berms to widen the football practice field
• Purchase and place scoreboards on the Soccer Fields
• Purchase Weightlifting equipment for the PE classes
• Purchase and install safety glass and equipment
• Sponsor Elementary youth Flag Football teams
• Purchase a DVD recorder for YVA
• Award College Scholarships to Student/Athletes who have excelled not only in their respective sport, but in the classroom as well.
If you enjoy High School activities, a Booster Club Membership is an excelled way to attend a variety of events at a reasonable cost. A membership can pay for itself in the Fall season alone! Help contribute to the success of our students by becoming a member. For additional information, contact the office at Lake City High School (769-0769), Troy Anderson - Membership Representative (208-818-3659), or any
Booster Club Board Member. In addition, you can also show your support by volunteering in any one of the many fund raising activities. Given the current budget crisis your support is more critical than ever. Stay active in the lives of our youth. Our future depends on their success.
Jim Winger, Activities Director
Jonathan Wilson, Booster Club President