Here on my page you will find links to important information, my teaching philosophy, rules and expectations for my gym classes, and much more. Please, take a look and don't hesitate to email if you have questions.
Welcome back for another great school year!
I started my teaching career in 2020. Graduating from Boise State University in 2020 with my Bachelors. I'm a Lake City High School grad and I'm very happy to be back. I was born and raised in Coeur d' Alene and can't imagine living anywhere else. When I'm not teaching/coaching, I love spending time with my siblings and loved ones around me.
I teach our required 9th grade PE Units. In these courses we focus on the following:
- Skilled Development
- Learning how to do all the fundamental skills for a variety of sports
- Movement Knowledge
- Understanding the best strategies, tactics, and concepts to have success in a variety of games/sports
- Health Enhancing Personal Fitness
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness
- Personal and Socail Responsibility
- Students exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings (SPORTSMANSHIP)
- Valuing a Physically Active Lifestyle
- Students participate in physical activity daily and recognize its value for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction
- Skilled Development
I went into teaching Physical Education and Health for a few reasons.
- Our bodies are designed to move. In our world today we have a ton of people who have adopted a sedentary lifestyle. "The exact definition of a sedentary lifestyle is when someone spends six or more hours per day sitting or lying down, and they lack significant physical movement in their daily life." That has created a huge increase in cardiovascular disease and many other health concerns. I'm here to help guide and direct students to live a life full of movement.
- Humans need to find something that they are passionate about in order to develop a life full of movement. I'm hoping kids find something they are passionate about and that will make them LIFELONG movers.
- The last thing I always talk about in class is having BALANCE. Have balance in 7/8 areas of wellness.
- If you are someone who is reading this and want to talk about any of these points, please don't hesitate to email me. I love meeting for coffee and talking to others about lifestyles and things we can all improve on.
Important Class Links:
Physical Education/Health Teacher
Head Lacrosse Coach
Freshman Football Coach