Mid-Year Residency Verification
In order to make certain all our students receive appropriate educational
supports, Coeur d’Alene School District 271 conducts a mid-year residency
verification. Residency is defined as where your family sleeps at night. Has
your residency changed since September 4, 2019? If yes AND if any of
the following statements are true for your family, please contact your school
counselor or the Coeur d’Alene School District McKinney-Vento Liaison,
James Curb at 208-664-8241 ext. 10061 or email@example.com for more
information about educational services that may be available to your
student(s) and family.
● We are doubled up with friends, grandparents, or other family due to economic conditions.
● We are living in a motel/hotel because other housing is unattainable.
● We are living in a domestic violence shelter.
● We are living in transitional housing.
● We are sleeping in public places or abandoned buildings.
● We are living in a car, trailer or campground.
● We are living in a home for pregnant or unwed mothers without another place in which to live.
● I am a student not in the physical custody of my parents or guardian.
Atlas a Five Star School
Located in Hayden, our school has an attendance of 613 Pre-school through 5th-grade students. We are known as the “Atlas Explorers”. We are excited to be in a facility that offers our students so much! Our most excellent staff is committed to providing students the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in today’s world. Teachers work together collaboratively to analyze student work and test results to create the best programs for each child.
The National Title I Association Distinguished Schools Program annually recognizes qualifying Title I schools from each state for their outstanding achievements in education. Each state may select one qualifying school in each of the following categories:
Category 1: Exceptional student performance for two consecutive years.
Category 2: Closing the achievement gap between student groups.
Atlas Elementary School has been named as Idaho’s 2015 Title I Distinguished School for:
Category 1: Exceptional student performance.
Atlas Elementary (Coeur d’Alene SD #271)
Percentage Points above the State average for Economically Disadvantaged Students
English Language Arts 34.4 % points
Math 25.7 % points
In order for a school to qualify for the Distinguished School award, it must:
Atlas Elementary School was honored at the National Title I Conference in Houston, January 28-31, 2016.