Cross Country and Volleyball begin immediately. Please visit the Athletics tab of this webpage to find out more!
Helpful Information to Start the Year
- Students with last name A-K will attend in person Mondays and Tuesdays
- Students with last name L-Z will attend in person Thursday and Fridays
- Building closed for cleaning on Wednesday. Staff is work planning and communicating with students
- On days that students do not attend in person, each teacher will provide quality/graded/standards based lessons through the Schoology platform. These lessons will be “asynchronous” meaning they can be done on the students time, but they will have due dates.
- Canfield Middle School Entries will open at 7:30 (no early entry to building as in years past)
- Upon entering the building during blended learning, students will report directly to their first period classroom
- Students who eat breakfast may eat at a designated location in the cafeteria. If you do not eat breakfast then you report to your first period class.
- No locker use during blended learning
- We will split passing period into 2.5 minutes for 6th grade and 2.5 minutes for 7th/8th grade
- Students will keep backpacks with them at all times
- School lunch services will be provided
- Students will eat in the cafe at designated green dots or outside (gym for inclement weather)
- Students will be required to exit campus at 2:40. Only students in athletic programs can remain on campus until after school programs begin.
- Visit the front office or our website https://www.cdaschools.org/domain/2827
Free & Reduced Meals
Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-price lunches and breakfasts. Families that have previously qualified will need to reapply each year. Download the application or get more information on the School Nutrition Services department webpage.
**** IMPORTANT REMINDER! **** Students entering 7th Grade are required to receive the following Immunizations prior to September 14th, 2020 (1st day of school.) -Tdap Booster (Tetanus) -Meningococcal (Meningitis) Please schedule your appointment NOW with your family physician, the Health Department (208-678-8221), or stop by Walgreens Pharmacy or Smiths Pharmacy to update your Child’s Immunizations. A copy of your updated Immunizations will be required at registration or before the 1st day of school.
Welcome to the home of the Canfield Cougars.Below are a few statements that outline what Canfield Middle School is all about:Our Mission Statement: We invest in each student to prepare, challenge, and advance well educated, resilient and future-ready citizens.Our Vision: Coeur d'Alene Public Schools is an education leader, promoting opportunities for innovation in learning and inspiring excellence in everyone.Academic Goal: We want staff and students to give it their best effort every day. Our staff uses proven instructional strategies to deliver state standards. Students are held to high expectations and are given every opportunity to earn high test scores and academic grades.Parent/Community Involvement: Canfield is fortunate to have a very active Parent Volunteer Organization. This group of dedicated parents graciously volunteers their time to take on many tasks, such as organizing school activities and raising money for classroom grants. All Canfield parents are welcome to attend.Canfield Middle School is special because… we have a staff dedicated to high student achievement (we also have a beautifully remodeled building). Our staff believes in a well-rounded education which includes math, reading, language arts, science, social studies, music, art, foreign language, physical fitness, and technology. Our staff is supported by our students and parents which produces a positive and safe learning environment.Cougar Pride= Attitude + Effort
Idaho Digital Learning Academy’s (IDLA) nationally renowned accredited courses offer flexibility, opportunity and student success! Learn more about IDLA by visiting the Canfield's Counselor's Corner and Advanced Opportunities.