CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PLAN
The Coeur d'Alene Public Schools is an education leader, promoting opportunities for innovation in learning and inspiring excellence in everyone. Our Continuous Improvement Plan and Strategic Direction contain this vision, as well as our Mission, Values, Strategic Directions and Action Goals —providing a roadmap and guiding decision-making throughout each school year.
The Continuous Improvement Plan is a living document and is reviewed for process and revised each year, while our Strategic Direction is updated annually with school board review. Reviews usually take place in July or August to meet the state September deadline for annual review and to start our new school year with any revisions to our areas of focus.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: We invest in each student to prepare, challenge and advance well-educated, resilient and future-ready citizens.
OUR VISION: Coeur d'Alene Public Schools is an education leader, promoting opportunities for innovation in learning and inspiring excellence in everyone.
Safe, Supportive and Vibrant Learning Environments
- Access resources effectively to support the emotional, social, academic, and physical needs of all students at all schools.
- Ensure students and staff in every building have safe and welcoming places to learn and work.
High Expectations for All
- Expect all students, every year to grow in their learning toward meeting or exceeding grade-level standards.
- Encourage students to take ownership of their learning and continually self-monitor their progress.
- Increase family engagement to positively impact each student’s educational progress.
Quality Teachers and Instruction
- Equip educators with the tools to innovate through the use of creativity, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Attract, develop and retain the highest quality teachers, support staff and administrators.
- Develop high interest and relevant learning experiences that include the use of technology.
- Ensure that teachers are equipped with and effectively trained in strategies for individualized instruction.
- Personalize instruction to meet individual students’ academic and emotional needs.
Family and Community Engagement
- Ensure responsible stewardship of public funds.
- Expand the effective use of volunteers in our schools.
- Cultivate existing and new partnerships to inspire community-wide confidence and pride in our schools.
- Engage students and families in continuous learning opportunities at school and in the community throughout the year.