Bryan Elementary is recognized as a Five Star School by the Idaho State Department of Education.
All public schools in Idaho are awarded one to five stars based on these criteria:
- Academic growth: how much progress did students make over the past school year.
- Academic proficiency: how many students have reached grade-level or higher in each subject area on the Idaho Standards Achievement Test (ISAT).
- Participation: Schools must demonstrate that at least 95 percent of students in the schools were tested.
We are very proud of the work that our students, staff, and community has done to earn this top rating. The State Department of Education Report Card for Bryan Elementary shows many reasons for celebration at Bryan, including:
- 95.2% of Bryan students scored proficient or advanced on the Math ISAT
- The number of students identified as at-risk scoring proficient or advanced on the Math ISAT increased to 94.4% compared to 91.9% during the previous school year
- 94.2% of Bryan students scored proficient or advanced on the Reading ISAT
- The achievement gap separating performance on the Reading ISAT between students identified as at-risk and their peers is 3% compared with 4.7% in our school district and 12.8% state-wide
- Our median student growth percentile was greater than the 50th percentile in all areas - indicating that more than half of our students exhibited greater than average growth on their test scores