District Cross Country Meet
Please view the following document regarding our District Cross Country Meet on Thursday, September 25th!
A Big "THANK YOU"
Thank you so much to Kootenai Electric and Coeur d'Alene Rotary Club for each funding a grant for Ramsey for over $2,000.00! Our Kindergarten classes now have science kits on Plants and Animals, Weather, and Forces and Motion. What a great way to start a new school year! Thank you!
Ramsey Earns 2013 Idaho Distinguished Schools AwardOn Thursday, October 17, 2013, representatives from the Ramsey staff traveled to Lewiston for the October meeting of the Idaho State Board of Education. The State Board of Education presented the team with the Idaho Distinguished School Award for 2013. Ramsey is one of only seven schools in the entire State to earn this honor in 2013. This award is given by the State Board of Education to schools who meet the following criteria:
Achieve a Four or Five Star rating for at least two out of the last three years.
- Meet the Annual Measureable Objectives (AMOs) in all subjects for overall students and all ESEA subgroups.
- Be among the top 5 percent of schools in all students’ proficiency.
- Be among the top 10 percent of schools in the proficiency gaps between the highest and lowest achieving subgroups and between the at-risk and not at-risk subgroups.
We are proud of the hard work and partnership between our students, staff and parents. Way to go, team!
For more detailed information about Ramsey’s performance on last year’s assessments, go to the following School Report Card link on the Idaho State Department website:
State Department Website
Ramsey Magnet School of Science is a School-wide Title One School. We are proud to have the following at our school:
- 23 highly qualified teachers in grades 1-5.
- Specialists in Art, Music, PE, Special Education, Speech/Language Title One, and Advanced Learning.
- Full time principal and vice-principal
- Full time guidance counselor
- Part time school psychologist
- Full time media specialist
- Intervention specialist
- Highly qualified Title One assistants, math and reading remediation teachers and special education para-professionals.
At Ramsey, we have:
- A 32-computer lab with Smartboard Display, computers available for every classroom, and a mobile computer lab with 16 laptops, all with internet access.
- A fully equipped science lab
- Excellent library with many Accelerated Reader books
- Many science-related events and experiences including: school-wide science vocabulary, mini-science days, two science fairs, before and after school science clubs, robotic teams, Mars Rover competitive teams, three 9-week hands-on science lab kits for each classroom, science exploratory for grades 1-3, outdoor habitat and school garden, science-related assemblies and field trips, summer science camp, and much more!
- Extra-curricular events and activities such as cross country, fall and spring book fairs, D.A.S.H. (after-school classes), Junior Achievement, Run for Fun, Fall Family Fun Night, etc.
Our motto at
Ramsey Magnet School of Science
Big School... Bigger Heart!
The Coeur d’Alene School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in any educational programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance or in employment practices. The District provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Inquiries regarding compliance with this nondiscrimination policy may be directed to the Director of Special Services or Director of Human Resources at the District Administrative Center, 1400 N. Northwood Center Ct., Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814-2472, (208) 664-8241.