What Makes Ramsey Special?
Ramsey Magnet School of Science is a School-wide, National Title One School.
- 26 highly qualified teachers in grades K-5.
- Specialists in Art, Music, PE, Special Education, Speech/Language Title One, and Advanced Learning.
- Full time principal and vice-principal
- Full time guidance counselor
- Part time school psychologist
- Full time media specialist
- Intervention specialist
- Highly qualified Title One assistants, math and reading remediation teachers and special education para-professionals.
At Ramsey, we have:
- A 32-computer lab with Smartboard Display, computers available for every classroom, and a mobile computer lab with 16 laptops, all with internet access.
- A fully equipped science lab
- Excellent library with many Accelerated Reader books
- Many science-related events and experiences including: school-wide science vocabulary, mini-science days, two science fairs, before and after school science clubs, robotic teams, Mars Rover competitive teams, three 9-week hands-on science lab kits for each classroom, science exploratory for grades 1-3, outdoor habitat and school garden, science-related assemblies and field trips, summer science camp, and much more!
- Extra-curricular events and activities such as cross country, fall and spring book fairs, D.A.S.H. (after-school classes), Junior Achievement, Run for Fun, Fall Family Fun Night, etc.
Our motto at
Ramsey Magnet School of Science
Big School... Bigger Heart!